Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Ultrasound Results . . .

. . . It's a GIRL! It looked fairly clear, and we've never had a wrong ultrasound before, so I think we can be pretty confidant! Also, everything else looked healthy, so that's a big praise.

I could tell we were back at a military hospital again, unlike the ultrasounds I had with Anna and Grace. The policy at Bethesda is, they do the scan and take all their pictures, and no one can be with you during that time. Then they call back your (1) support person, and they will go through the ultrasound with you again quickly. The lady was nice and friendly, but the whole first part of the ultrasound (almost an hour because the baby was very active, and the girl had a hard time getting all the required shots) was done in almost complete silence. I dozed off a couple of times! Finally Bob could come back, and she talked through all the parts, starting with the gender.

So now we just need to come up with a name. You may remember our parameters: Bible name for the first name, and we don't repeat initials, so names starting with A, C, G, J, L, and N are out. We're obviously open to "virtue" names, LOL. I already know that I want the middle name to be "Amy", which is tricky for a middle name, but that's okay--this might be our last girl, and I want her to have the name of my best friend, who's been like a sister to me for many, many years!

10 comments:

Johanna said...

I knew it was a girl -- after all you are in Virginia--LOL
Congrats

Anonymous said...

you made me cry... I am so honored!

Johanna said...

What about
Terah Num. 33:27 or
Selah Psalm 3:2

Unknown said...

I was playing around with names and I really couldn't find anything I was crazy about. These are the biblical names I came up with to go with Amy as a middle name; Shiloh, Eva, Bethany, Rachel, Ruth, Rebekah. Maybe virtue names may work the best. P.S if we have another girl Eva is on my list. I would like to have two girls with E names. Happy name picking!!

Tonya said...

I'm thrilled for you! Have fun picking a name. I have very similar "rules", plus we do a family name for a middle name.

Pilot Mom said...

UJ suggested Rachel Amy to me...hmmmm, maybe he has been on the phone talking to Mel! Lol!

Sandra said...

Congratulations, Claire! Hmm...baby names...here's my 2 cents.
Sarah Amy
Elizabeth Amy
Rachel Amy

Anonymous said...

Yay, Claire!! How fun! Another little girl... praise God everything looks good too. My vote... Rebekah or Bethany... :)

Beverly said...

Congratulations! Now I'm antsy for my ultrasound...which won't be for another 4-6 weeks. :-(

Kathyb1960 said...

How about Hadassah Amy (Amee)(Aimee)