Thursday, July 23, 2009

Big Night For Faith!

Faith has been waking up in the middle of the night the past few nights. Finally it occurred to me that hey, maybe I should start her on solids! She is almost 6 months, and I like to start before 6 months, just so I can tell the doctor I've started at the 6 month well-baby appointment. I'm all about avoiding any extra grief. So I decided tonight would be the night. She looked so small in the high chair!
Luke was on hand, so he got to give the ceremonial first bite, as well as a bunch more bites. As it turned out, she really liked rice cereal!

Here she looks a bit taken back by the new taste, but she ended up eating all that I had made for her. She wasn't too messy either. Sometimes babies end up extruding so much by pushing it out with their tongues, and she didn't do that at all. So Faith is well on her way to eating real food.
In other Faith-related news, she is really inching around quite well on the floor now, by pulling herself by her arms. She will get up on all fours and rock a bit, but she falls rather than goes forward. By pulling herself, she can pretty much get to whatever she wants. I've told the boys we have to be really careful and make sure the door to the basement is closed, and that we don't put her too close to the top of the stairs on the top floor either! I don't think crawling is too far behind!


1 comment:

marion and dan said...

She is absolutely adorable, Claire!