Thursday, July 16, 2009

A New Person

Well, actually I'm not a new person today, but I can officially prove that I am still a person. I possess a new ID card, a new driver's license is coming in the mail in 7-10 days, and we have a new checking accounts. Those 3 things took the whole entire day to do, and we were so very thankful to have Melinda here, who volunteered to watch the kids. I don't think she knew how long it would take! Actually, she did a wonderful job, and she even told me that she was surprised that it was easier to watch 8 kids than just 1, because they all go off and do stuff together. That is what I tell people, but no one ever believes me! But it was still a long day for Melinda, and definitely not what she signed up for when she and Emily came out here for a vacation, LOL.

Bob and I also celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary tonight (the real date is tomorrow, July 17, but we have Bible study). This was the ONLY thing that Melinda originally volunteered to babysit for! Bob had made reservations at a restaurant called Clyde's, which we had heard really good things about from other people. It was so delicious, and it had such a nice atmosphere! They had a "price fixe" menu, so we got a salad, entree, and dessert for $25 each. I had salmon, which was quite yummy (I am turning into a salmon fan--who knew?!), and Bob had a steak, which had such a tender, buttery texture. Delicious! He had a mixed berry shortcake, and I had chocolate Haagen-Daz ice cream for dessert. I was glad I wasn't on the gestational diabetes diet and having to walk all that off afterwards, LOL.

One thing we discussed a lot was our future. We're trying to decide if we should take an assignment (either Eglin, Langley, or Toronto), or retire. None of the jobs are that great, so we're kicking it all around. No firm decisions have been made. We'll keep you posted . . .

2 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Wow, Claire, you got that taken care of quick! Thank God for Melinda, indeed. I praise God for the 'Melindas' in my life.

Happy Anniversary! What a blessing. You look way too young to be married for 16 years, though!

xoxo, Veronica in CA

Sandra said...

Congratulations on 16 years! Sounds like you had a nice dinner. I remember your wedding and the arch of swords that you had to walk through. So cool! :) I'll be praying for you both as you make decisions about your future.