Wednesday, July 01, 2009

On the Farm in KY

We left Sunday afternoon to drive down to Kentucky to visit friends. Carri and I were on staff several summers together at White Sulphur Springs, the OCF family retreat center back when we were young and energetic, LOL. It's so hard to believe that was 20 years ago! Anyhow, Carri's husband was a Marine helicopter piliot, and now he's out and flies EMS helicopters. Carri is expecting their 10th child in September, and they live on about 4 acres, surrounded by beautiful fields and woods--every child's dream! The kids had a marvelous time there. There was a trampoline, a tree fort, and swings. They have a horse, a cow, a goat, and lots of chickens. The kids especially liked feeding scraps to the chickens and watching them pick at them. They all walked down to the river with the dads for a little adventure and came back hot and sweaty. Carri's girls were so great with my little girls, especially since theyhave 4 dogs and my girls were scared of them--her girls carried them all over the place! I really enjoyed my time talking with Carri. Since we both are homeschooling large families, we had plenty in common to talk about! We ate tons of great food, like Air Force dessert, a old standby from WSS days. The boys wanted to know why we didn't have this dessert all the time!

I won't be able to post any pictures until we get home, but if you want a look at our time there, check out Carri's blog, Home of the Peterson Clan. She posted a few pictures!

We are here at Amy's house now, but we'll leave to drive back home tomorrow. This has been such a fun vacation!

1 comment:

Sebastian said...

Too funny. I was looking for a blog from White Sulphur Springs and stumbled on yours. Then I saw your post.
Carri and I were friends when she was staff and I was a mid. I lost touch years ago. Too funny.