Tuesday, December 07, 2004

We're home--and decorating for Christmas!

We made it back home yesterday after 2 wonderful weeks in Ohio. It was a long drive back in rainy, foggy, gloomy weather, but praise the Lord, we made it back safely. Today the boys had their homeschool co-op, so the little boys and I went to Sams to get some food for our bare fridge. But I knew that this afternoon, everyone wanted to start decorating for Christmas--it was the main reason they were looking forward to coming back home! It is so hard to get in the decorating spirit when your house is quite messy--exactly the way you left it 2 weeks ago, plus with all the suitcases and other stuff we brought in from the van and dumped wherever last night. I put on some Christmas music, which helped some with motivation, and we managed to get the family room cleaned up. We brought everything up from the basement and decorated the family room and entry way (except for putting up our tree, which is waiting for Bob), and we have now realized that we really don't have very much stuff to decorate this big house with. Hmm. This is where it gets inconvenient to move frequently. I know we have some more garlands that would look nice going up our bannister (because this is what we did with our off-base house in Colorado), but I have no idea where said garlands could be, other than in some box. I don't really feel like looking thorough all of our boxes, but I also don't relish the idea of buying tons more garlands when I already have some. And don't get me started on our tiny tree issues! It is dwarfed by our big ceilings here! I think I will distract myself by working on our Christmas letter. I always say I want to get them out early in years when we move, but once again, it doesn't look like "early" will be an adjective used to describe them!

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

Yea for you! At least you are decorated! We do have our tree done and the wreath on the front door and that is it!! I have presents lined up ready to wrap and then package for mailing which I wanted done before now! No other decorations are out and that is because I am in the midst of an asthma attack...I began prednisone today so we will see if the insomnia kicks in like last time, I may have it all done by the time Jim comes home from work! Ha! The last time I became so hyper I cleaned drawers and closets etc from about 2am on. UJ would come in from work and ask when I had gotten up. :) Anyway, send the boys over here and maybe they could help AC get her stuff done instead of my sitting and watching the dirt grow! I haven't even done any baking! Not that I am going to do much, but I do want to do some. Oh well, enough of my sniveling. We want pics of the decorating! Just be prepared to hit the stores after Christmas and pick up some more stuff for decorating then and at a much less pricey cost! Wish we could be there to help celebrate. Love, AC