Monday, January 31, 2005

A good retreat!

Well, I made it back from the retreat, and I am happy to report that I had a good time! There was a pretty small group of ladies, only 15, so there were no cliques and everyone mixed really well together. SInce there were fewer women then they had thought when they originally made the reservation, we didn't have to sleep 4 to a room. Yay! So I just had one roommate, and she was very nice. The speaker was a lady from Indiana, the mother of one of the women at the retreat. She gave her testimony on Friday, which was very moving, and then on Saturday and Sunday she really challenged us in our relationships--with God, our husbands, and our children. She challenged us to see as sin the mask of pride that we wear that causes us to blame our children, husbands, whatever, for our bad responses in situations. That was convicting! I really latched on to 1 Peter 1:3, "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." She gave out a daily prayer guide with different prayers for our husbands for each day of the week, and I have started praying through that for Bob. As we start thinking about what to do after retirement, I have so many fears and uncertainties, and I really do want Bob to be open to and guided by the Holy Spirit. I know praying for him is the best thing I can do, and this weekend was a good reminder of that. She encouraged us stay-at-home moms too, and that was refreshing. I know it's "good" to do, but it sure does get wearying. It was good to be reminded of the value and importance of what we're doing. Although there was no one there that just jumped out at me as another "Amy" for my life (that's because there couldn't be another one of her!), I definitely do feel more plugged in to the church, and I do think I've made some friends. Overall, I was glad I went, and it was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

I am SO glad! Love, AC

Bob and Claire said...

Wow! Talk about blessed! Love you Claire, Bob