Sunday, January 23, 2005

Snow Weekend

We got a little bit of the storm that came through yesterday. It started snowing in the morning and continued until around 2:00, leaving us with a grand total of about 3-4 inches. But that didn't stop anyone here from being totally paralyzed by the storm! By Friday evening, just on the basis of the forecast, things were being cancelled, like morning SAT tests and what-not. After Bible study that night, church for Sunday was cancelled. All before a single flake had even fallen! We laughed. We all enjoyed the snow, I must say. I took a walk in the morning as the snow was falling. I love walking in falling snow--everything is muffled, your steps are immediately erased, and the world looks so new and clean. I could have stayed out there all morning. Yesterday my aunt posted about how she makes up an alphabet acrostic using different names and attributes of God to worship Him, so I did that as I was walking. What a wonderful idea! As she said, I'm limited only by my vocabulary. The boys played outside almost all day. They went out about 11:00, and I think Nathan and Luke came in around 5:00, taking only a short break for lunch. They sledded down the hill at the end of our street, built more layers onto their snow fort, and generally ran around throwing snow. Bob "braved" the streets in the trusty Pathfinder and made it to WalMart and Sams, which were empty, he reported. I guess no one else was taking advantage of the day to do their errands, like exchanging some things and getting windshield wiper fluid!

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

Isn't it funny how a little bit of snow affects theses areas? Now you know, unless it's an ice storm, that snow days are the days to accomplish your shopping errands! :) I had a great laugh when I read about Bob 'braving' the roads! Way to go Bob! What an intrepid spirit you have! AC