Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Snow!!

Today we had a light day of school because it snowed! For the first time this year! The boys were very distracted all morning, looking out the window at every opportunity, so after lunch they all got dressed up to go out. Can you imagine how long it takes to get 4 boys under 8 dressed to go out in the snow?! Almost as long as the little boys stay outside! Fortunately Nathan and Luke stay out there for a long time, so I guess it evens out and is worth the effort. They stayed out about an hour and a half, and they just came in to have hot chocolate. We didn't even get very much snow--maybe 2 inch or so. However, the way our yard and driveway are churned up, it looks like the scene of a major engagement. I think it was "shoveled". This is turning int oa light week of school, since we had a holiday Monday, yesterday was co-op, and tomorrow is a holiday for Bob too. Government employees get a day off for the Inauguration festivities. I guess they are free to attend them, or otherwise to not clog up the roads. So we'll stay at home, doing our part! Since we still have satellite, we can actually watch some of the events! I was just thinking about the last Inauguration. I remember hearing President Bush's speech as I was driving up to the Denver airport. I think I was picking up Bob, who was coming back from Ohio. He had driven out the Pathfinder and flown back, as we got ready to PCS there. My, a lot has changed in 4 years! I wonder where we'll be 4 years from now!

2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Wow! Four years from now...there will definitely be some changes ahead, agreed? Maybe a little one for Dan and Melinda? Hmmm? And, maybe another one for you all? Oh! You were talking about where you would be LIVING!?! As the pilot would say, "My bad." :) Since you are not a big one for change, Claire, I think it's probably just as well that you don't know! ;) Love you all, AC

witw said...

Hey, how about Texas?