Friday, April 15, 2005

Eagle Eyes, Part II

I haven't written much lately because we have not been doing anything remotely exciting or worthy of writing about. Yesterday, we had to run some errands (how's that for exciting?!), and we ended up at WalMart. While we were checking out at one of the self-check aisles, Luke found a $20 bill! It was all folded up, but it was sort of in the check out lane next to ours. The lady who was there in that lane when we first started checking out had already left by the time I realized what had happened. I can't imagine that it had been there for very long, since Luke said it wasn't really hidden. I was at a loss as to what to do. (Nathan's suggestion: give Luke and him each $10!) I don't think anyone was really looking around for it or noticed it had fallen, and getting through check-out is always kind of chaotic for us, as I try to keep Jonathan sitting down, and scan the items with all my "helpers". There are a lot of poorer people who shop at this WalMart, a lot of immigrants, especially, and I hope this didn't fall out of one of their pockets. I probably should have just turned it in, but I really don't think that it would have been "held" for someone to identify it. Call me a cynic, but I don't think so! I ended up telling Luke (and Nathan too, since Luke is always very generous with the money he finds)maybe I'd give them a few dollars from it, and we'd give the rest to charity or something. The only thing they spend money on is buying birthday and Christmas presents for each other from the Dollar Store, so it's not like they need tons of money for that! And I don't want to really focus them so much on money anyhow. Luke is already so "on the alert" for any spare coin or anything. Really, searching for money is the only thing (the boys would say) good about running errands! LOL!

1 comment:

witw said...

If they keep this up, Aunt Melinda might hire her nephews and drive them around to split the profits from the money they find!