Saturday, April 16, 2005

French Toast

Nathan made French toast for us for breakfast this morning. It was very good! Since he can also make pancakes and scrambled eggs, I think we have breakfast covered! Now he'll always be able to make his wife breakfast in bed. He's been looking through a cookbook of mine and picking out recipes to try. It's The Absolute Beginner's Cookbook , by Jackie Eddy and Eleanor Clark. I can't remember when Mom got this book for me--either when I started college, or when I got married, but it's a real basic cookbook that tells all the things that people just assume you know, like how to make mashed potatoes and hard-boiled eggs. It also has a lot of good, plain,and easy recipes, so it's perfect for someone learning how to cook. (James?! : ) ) There are lots of kids' cookbooks out there, but they tend to have a bunch of real "cutesy" recipes. Nathan is already interested in cooking, so it's not like I need to draw him in, and I'd just as soon he learned practical recipes that he'll be able to use throughout his life! I was glad to see this book still in print. Hopefully it, or one like it, will still be out there when the boys all go off to college and out on their own!

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

Well, I for one, sure hope that book is still in print! I think it would be the perfect gift for James since it will be quite some time before he will have a wife to do his cooking!! :) We love you, Jame!