Monday, April 25, 2005

Possible Travel Plans

Bob has a possible TDY to Colorado for 2 weeks in the middle of June for some training. We can't decide if we should pursue it or not. On the one hand, I'm always up for a trip and a break in our routine, and it would be great to see old friends there, do some sightseeing, replenish our ragged supply of USAFA t-shirts, etc. On the other hand, it is a 2 1/2 day drive from here. So this afternoon on the way to track practice, I broached it with the boys, to see what they thought.

Me: "Boys, what would you think about driving for 2 1/2 days to get somewhere?"

Luke: "Nah. I wouldn't do it."

Nathan: "My answer would depend on where we were going."

Me: " What if it was Colorado?"

Nathan: "YES! (arm pumping) I would definitely say yes!"

Luke: "I'd still say no . . . especially since I'd die."

Me and Nathan: "What?!"

Luke: "I'm not old enough to drive."

Well, we cleared all that up, but we still haven't decided. Our great friends, Ed and Elizabeth will actually be out there for part of that time too, while their oldest son does the summer scientific seminar at the Academy, so that would be so much fun! But there's still that drive . . . and of course, Bob would have to go to the actual training! : ) If we don't end up going, then I'm hoping to go to the Virginia homeschool convention, which is during that same time. I've never actually been to a homeschool convention, and there are going to be some great speakers at this one. Hard decision!

2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Oh to be that close!!!! Would you be able to pop over here? PUUULEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEE?!?!?

Bob and Claire said...

Oh man, I just don't see how we could drive another 10 hours and then stay for any amount of time! Bob doesn't really have all that much leave saved up right now. :( I wish though.