Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Another Weekly Update

1. Here is what our cell phones look like. Although they don't show the different colors online, mine is "champagne rose", which actually is a very light color, not really pink at all. Bob's is "blue ice". I still haven't gotten used to it, although I did remember to take it with me when I ran errands on Saturday. I am finding it tlhard to program numbers in it, although to be fair, I haven't devoted much time to learning how to. Let's just say it's not intuitive.

2. Jonathan has started using the little potty chair. Since I am a firm believer in waiting until boys are near 3 to even start, you can be sure this wasn't MY idea. I'm calling it "Brother-Directed Potty Training". Whenever Caleb has to go, he takes Jonathan in with him and helps him out of his diaper and onto the little potty. Then they both do their business. Caleb even dumps out Jonathan's little potty, so all I have to do is put the diaper back on. Jonathan likes to go, but only if he is reminded. He doen't tell me on his own, so I'm not going to push any farthur on the issue. It's just not worth the stress of accidents and reminding all the time for a few fewer months of diapers. But hey, practice is always good.

3. Jonathan is also talking alot. Here are some of his favorite expressions: "Mine!" "I want that!" "Heeeyyyyyy!" "Give that back!", and of course, "Noooooooo!" Where did all those cute little baby gurgles and coos go? I want those back!

4. I got another cankersore, so my new toothpaste is not the cure-all wonder that I had hoped. I waited the sore out for awhile to see if it would be less intense or anything, but alas, it got just as big and painful as the others. I then tried another home remedy to supposedly take away the pain and promote healing--mixing 1 tsp. of Benedryl liquid and 1 tsp. of Milk of Magnesia, and swishing that around in my mouth several times a day. It did numb my mouth pretty effectively, and the sore did go away quickly when I started using it, but since the sore had already gotten so big, it wasn't really a very valid trial. I'll start using that as soon as I feel the next sore coming on, and then we'll see if it makes the sore go away faster.

Alright, update over. Time for dinner!

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

That is too funny about Caleb and Jonathan! Who knows, when 3 rolls around you may really be out of a job...I don't think you would complain too much! :)

We like the phones.

Bummer about the sore. Do keep us posted on when it first begins and how the home remedy works.

I'm off to check in on Dan.... :)
Love to you all, AC