Monday, May 30, 2005

Remembering

This Memorial Day weekend, we've pretty much gone about life as usual. And because we were able to do that, we are so thankful for the men and women who have served our country and especially those who have given our lives to allow us to have these freedoms we enjoy so casually. We've read with the boys some of the articles in the papers that talk about some soldiers who haven't come back home because I think that really puts a human face on things. Our homeschool co-op supports and prays for a platoon over in Iraq, and this past week one soldier from there was killed and 2 more were wounded, so news like that certainly makes an impression on the boys. One soldier is for sure coming here to Walter Reed, so our group is looking forward to being able to help him and his wife get what they need. Sometimes when I'm out driving around, I think about what it would be like if I lived in a country that wasn't free. It's hard to imagine, and for that, I thank our soldiers, and we remember those who paid the price of their life. And here's a big personal "thank you" to all the Air Force men in my life--my Grandpa, my Dad, and of course, my husband!

2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

And your cousin!!! :)

Bob and Claire said...

Duh! How could I forget our newest Butterbars?! : ) Sorry, James! P.S. We loved all the pictures you emailed--quite the handsome guy in a flight suit!