Sunday, May 22, 2005

Organizing

I haven't blogged much lately. We've been busy, I guess. One thing that we've been doing is trying to get on top of the piles of papers we have around, especially in the kitchen. What a never-ending chore! We are the worst for dealing with papers, especially mail. I've even read books (library ones, of course!) on various systems to deal with paper coming in, but so far nothing has seemed to help. When we moved in last summer, we put our computer on the little built-in "planning desk" in the kitchen. It was convenient, albeit a bit crowded there, but it also took up space that could have been used to at least PUT papers--instead we let them pile up on our kitchen island, making it basically unuseable most of the time. Now with Bob's realtor stuff beginning to take up even more space, we finally decided that the computer and all accompanying paperwork, especially of the real estate variety, really needed to go into the study. And, since we got all those new bookcases (which are finally all assembled and filled--with space left over, let me say happily!), we actually have room on the desk in there to do it. Wow, it makes the kitchen seem so much bigger to have that space opened up! Baby steps to organization . . .

1 comment:

Bob and Claire said...

Yeah, that's a good system. We need something like that, because mail just piles up--I don't ever deal with it! I like your system a lot. Today I threw junk away right away, and I have a little pile for Bob to look at. If I could just do that daily, and then put the important stuff somehwere like you do, and throw the rest away, we'd be there! Something to aim for, anyhow.