Wednesday, May 25, 2005

New Swimsuit!

Today my new swimsuit came from Land's End! It looks like this, even down to the "light cobalt blue" pictured. I really like it. I even got the "long torso" version. I am long-waisted, and I love being able to reach up and not have the suit ride up and show all my lovely stretch marks (or "racing stripes" as Zoe from Baby Blues calls them). Unfortunately, I do not look anything like the model. Oh well. I have discovered that I am now almost the same weight that I was 8 years ago--when I was 9 months pregnant with Nathan! So in 8 years, I have gained almost 25 pounds. Actually, it's worse than that--in the last 10 months, since I've stopped nursing, I've gained 12 pounds! Before that I just kind of held steady in the middle--bigger than pre-babies, but not too big. As my Grandma would say, "My sands shifted." But something happened to my metabolism during the 3 years we were in Ohio. Those 3 years I was either pregnant or nursing all but about 1 month of the time. After I had Jonathan, I went back down to my usual weight, but after I stopped nursing him in August, I started noticing that I was gaining weight. Ack! It seems that my metabolism has slowed down, and now I am unable to just eat whatever I feel like and not gain weight. I was doing great at exercising, but then we all got so sick in February, and I still haven't been able to get up and exercise in the morning since then because Jonathan has started waking up very randomly and early. Seeing myself in the mirror with a swimsuit on tends to have a galvanizing effect, though, and you can bet I was down in the basement exercising during his naptime this afternoon! : )

No comments: