Saturday, August 20, 2005

Short History

My Aunt Claire had this open tag yesterday, and I thought I would do it too. I've seen it on a lot of other people's blog, but I don't have any other deep thoughts coming right now, and I am pretty obsessive about remembering things, so . . .

10 years ago I was... in a temporary apartment in Colorado Springs. We moved there right after I graduated from college, and we were waiting for our house to be finished. We moved in in September. Our apartment was SO hot (no A/C of course), and we only had one car, so sometimes Bob would drop me off at my grandma and grandpa's house so I could spend the day at their "day camp"! LOL! It was air-conditioned there!

5 years ago I was... living at the Air Force Academy while Bob was as AOC. I only had 2 boys, and we were waiting to hear where we would be transferred to in about 6 months (ended up being "home" to Ohio!). We worked with a sqadron of basic cadets that summer through the Chapel SPIRE program--we really got close to those cadets, and I htink we had a positive impact in their lives during that very difficult summer for them. I would email their parents after each meeting, and so I also got to be close to their parents too.

1 year ago I was... furiously unpacking boxes and trying to settle in here in VA. We moved here in July, so while the big stuff was put away, there were lots of little things left to unpack and find places for (or finally just ignore and put back down in the basement). I was looking forward to my best friend Amy coming out with her 2 boys to visit us over Labor Day!

Yesterday I... helped the boys clean to get ready for Rose's visit. I also helped Nathan make blueberry oatmeal muffins and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (can you tell we buy oatmeal in bulk at Sam's?). I did very little though; he did most of it. I also took a nap on the couch, and we went to Bible study and stayed really late, which made Jonathan really crabby today!

5 snacks I enjoy are... Peppermint Patties, peanut butter cups, ice cream, Oreos, and Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips.

5 songs I know all the words to... well, pretty much any VeggieTale song, "Don't Fence Me In", "Red River Valley", any song from Third Day's "Offering II" album, ummm, I actually know tons of songs because we listen to stuff in the car. Right now I am stuck on the silly lyrics from Beethoven's Wig I and II , which are set to famous pieces of classical music. The boys love these, and frankly, so do I.

5 thingsI would do with 100 million dollars... pay off a house "somewhere" (still not decided on that dream location; see last post! LOL!), travel on that really nice train with the dome tops through Banff Park up in Canada, give lots of money to pro-life causes, Compassion International, and tons of other organizations we support but that always need so much more, invest (Bob would be crazy with happiness, having that much money to play around with!), and last but not least, I would hire my own personal masseuse to come to my house weekly (every other day maybe?), and then maybe I wouldn't have such shoulder problems!

5 places I would run away to.... Colorado--ahhhh, I like just running there in my mind; back to Ohio to see my family and Amy, on an Alaskan cruise, and to England and Ireland. I would LOVE to visit there,

5 things I would never wear... a bikini or anything that showed my belly, since I am the queen of stretch marks, anything tie-dyed (it's just not me), those pants that are really wide-legged--I look goofy in those; hmm . . . most of the stuff I see advertized for young women today. I'm so glad I have all boys!

5 favorite tv shows... Design on a Dime. That's the only one I watch on any kind of a regular basis. I didn't grow up with TV, and it simply isn't a big temptation for me. Books, on the other hand . . .

5 bad habits... snacking when feeling down, not wanting to get up early (even when not pregnant!), not wanting to try new things, being over-critical, and hogging the computer (the last one was courtesy of Bob, who is ready to get on here!)

5 biggest joys....my relationship with the Lord; my wonderful family, immediate and extended; reading a really good book and getting to talk about it with someone who has also read it; planning something and having it go off with no hitches or things forgotten; and losing weight after pregnancy and being able to fit in clothes again!

5 favorite toys.... my computer? I can't really think of anything here. I need more hobbies, I guess. Books aren't really "toys".

5 people I tag to do this (if they'd like to)...no, I know most everyone else has already done this. I just like talking about myself! LOL! Just kidding!

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

I'm so GLAD you did it! :) Thanks!