Thursday, October 13, 2005

First Doctor Appointment

I had my first doctor's appointment for this pregnancy today, and it went really well! I really like the doctor, and I LOVE being in a civilian practice. It was like they wanted to please me! Like I was important! Everything looked and sounded good; absolutely nothing exciting to report. I'll go back in 3 weeks (Nov. 3) for my ultrasound. She agreed that my due date is March 28 (Amanda L's birthday!).

Bob came home to watch the boys while I went, and when I got back home, he suggesting we all go to Olive Garden for lunch before he went back to work. If you know me at all, then you know that I love Olive Garden, especially when I am pregnant, so of course I said yes! We have only been to Olive Garden once since moving here, so it was such a nice treat. We got the pasta fagiole (sp?), salad, and breadsticks, our lunchtime usual. I ate 2 bowls of soup, many helpings of salad, and several breadsticks to round out the meal. Now I am stuffed and sleepy, so a nap is definitely in order for this afternoon!

When the boys and I got back home, the mail was here, and I received my second letter from Tricare. This new one is because we changed doctors from the one they had originally assigned us. Imagine my surprise when I saw a completely different doctor's name in the letter, one who is not even very near us, but rather is in Leesburg! I can not imagine what happened, since I talked to 2 different people at Tricare 2 weeks ago who assured me that everything was changed. And in fact, they did fax my information and approval to the doctor I wanted, because that is why I was able to make an appointment last week and see her today! I am continually amazed at their incompetance. I called again, and another lady assured me everything was REALLY changed this time, so I'm sure I'll be getting a letter next week with a doctor in West Virginia named! LOL! I won't be laughing if there's a billing problem though . . . Off to nap on the couch!

3 comments:

witw said...

mmm...Olive Garden good. Tricare bad.

witw said...

April 1 st is still a good due date!

Dy said...

Oh, I am so glad. I know that sensation, too. It's one that's nice to have at any regular time, but even moreso when you're pregnant.

Mmm, if you go back to OG, have a gazillion breadsticks for me, will you? I love those things!

Glad everything is coming together. I'll keep you in my prayers. :-)
Dy