Thursday, October 06, 2005

Some Idiosyncrasies

A few days ago, my Aunt Claire posted a list of her idiosyncrasies. I decided to take the challenge, and it's taken me this long to come up with 5 of them--just kidding! LOL! I came up with 5 right off the top of my head! I just never sat down and typed them up. I didn't even have to ask anyone else to help me, although I'm sure Bob would have been glad to contribute. And I know Amy knows some others of mine, but since she doesn't comment on here, my secrets are safe with her. : ) (Now nobody go bugging her to spill the beans)

1. I must have a glass of ice water available at all times. I have 2 lovely insulated cups with straws that I got at the hospital after having Caleb and Jonathan, and one those goes upstairs every night with me, filled with ice water. During the day, I have a glass on the counter that I constantly refill. I even often take water with me in the car (like when we go to the commissary or on a longer errand), in case we get stuck in traffic and I get thirsty. At restaurants, I'm the one who always needs a water refill, and it really bugs me if the ice is all melted. By the way, I do have to use the bathroom often, even when not pregnant. LOL!

2. I eat no coconut ever. I don't even eat stringy things that have the consistency of coconut, like crushed pineapple in salads. I'm sure Amy remembers me eating a Kudos bar in our dorm room, stopping to look at the ingredients, and triumphantly announcing that I could tell there was coconut in there! I can't. stand. coconut. Period.

3. I must have everything done before I sit down, lie down, etc. So I always go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, and so on, even if I am just settling on the couch to read a book. I hate getting up when I am relaxing for something small! And along those same lines, I always try to only make one trip. Why waste the effort? I carry as much as I possibly can at one time!

4. Going along with #1 above, my drinks must be very cold, so I put ice in my milk, orange juice, well, everything. Except hot cocoa.

5. I can't stand eating soggy cereal so I gulp my cereal down each morning in record time, and no one must disturb me while I'm eating it. Soggy cereal with warm milk, like at hotels, is the absolute worst. HOW do I survive such torture?!

So there you have it. I was a little surprised to see how many of those dealt with food/drink. I don't even consider myself to be a picky eater! I guess I am an "idiosyncratic" eater (or, to be more accurate, drinker). I don't usually ask people to do these things, but I am thinking that we would all love to see my brother witw do this. I'm sure if he has problems coming up with any, he can always ask Mel! LOL!

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

Yeah, how about it Dan? Give us your list over at your place!!! :)