Thursday, May 08, 2008

All Hail the Conquering Hero!!!

In this case, my brother Dan, who came up with an incredibly easy solution for our crazy printer problems. We spent over an hour of frustrating time on the phone last Saturday trying a variety of different things, with no success. He had to dig deeper, so he emailed me a list of new things to try. Johanna also came up with a potential solution, but I decided to work down Dan's list first, since his items seemed less complicated and drastic. The second one worked. Here's the golden sequence:

1. Click on "tools", then "internet options"

2. Click the "advanced tab", and then click on "security"

3. Tick "let active content run on my computer"

4. Restart Windows

And it worked!! I was so incredibly excited. I printed off one of my new reservation confirmations, and it was so beautiful to see actual recognizable words there, and only one page, instead of 50 pages of gibberish! Wow! I am so thankful to have personal tech support like Dan (and Johanna!). I would have gone broke before someone at Microsoft would have hit on that, I'm sure. And since I didn't have to reset IE, all my cookies, etc. are still there. Yay! I'm big on no inconvenience, LOL. Thanks, Dan! You're the best brother ever!

1 comment:

Johanna said...

I'm so glad you figured out your computer problems. I felt really bad about the idea that you would have to go on your trip without having your printed reservations etc. . . I know how awful that would be for me.