Thursday, November 04, 2004

Caleb's Birthday

Well, at this time 3 years ago, I was at the hospital in labor with my third son, Caleb. He was born at 1:10 a.m., after a pretty quick and easy labor, although he was 9 lb. 5 oz, so there was some hard pushing involved! He is such a wonderful addition to our family. He has such a happy personality (unless he is tired or has an ear infection, which only seems to happen in situations like when he was the ring-bearer in his uncle's wedding!), and people always warm up to him very quickly. He has a great smile, and he is just a funny, happy little boy (although he would immediately correct me to say that he is a big boy--one time I told him to get his little bottom somewhere, and he said very seriously, "It's not a LITTLE bottom. I have a big, BIG BOY bottom.")

Since we have Bible study tomorrow night, we did some celebrating tonight. Our friends, the Lorenzinis, came over for Caleb's favorite meal of meatloaf, potatoes, and peas. We had rice krispie treats for dessert, and Caleb opened his presents from his Grandma and Grandpa Grazier and from the Lorenzinis. Yes, that's right--his own parents neglected to get him anything. Can you tell my love language isn't "gifts"? But he was perfectly happy with the great books that he got, so I don't think there was any damage done to his psyche. The thing is, being the 3rd boy, he has tons of toys, so unless I can think of some specific thing he needs, I'd rather not get something just to say we got something. He knows we love him because we do lots of special things together.

I just got done frosting his cake. It's a koala bear, which of course is the stuffed animal he loves and sleeps with. I must say, it's not my best work. I really wanted to use his bear for a model, but Caleb would NOT fall asleep tonight in a timely manner, so finally I gave up and just started "shaping" the cake and frosting it without his bear. Oh well. Tomorrow night we'll take it to Bible study, where we will sing to him and eat it afterwards, during dessert time.

Claire

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

Claire, I wonder if the specific lack of the love language gifts runs with THE name? Hmmmm. I still have his card sitting here, waiting to be mailed, so now that I am dutifully reminded, AGAIN, I will get it in the mail tomorrow.

I know the bear will turn out just fine. When I think back over all the different cakes you have made, I truly think you should go into the business!

Also, I don't know if the other comment will post on a previous blog but Nana wanted me to be sure to let you know that she absolutely loves reading all the blogs...yours, as well as witw! Love you, AC