Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Christmas shopping

Well, I'm just a posting fool tonight. I am excited because I bought my Christmas present today!!! As an aside, whenever people tell those jokes about women not liking to get practical things for presents--that's not me. So, my big present was . . . a Kitchenaid Professional 5 mixer! I've never had a Kitchenaid before (I always used Mom's when we lived in Ohio), and I did a lot of research last night online to find out the exact model I wanted. I found it at Kohls.com, so today while Nathan and Luke were at their homeschool co-op, the rest of us went to Kohls to see what we could find. It was on sale, plus I had a coupon for 15% off with my Kohl's card! When I checked out, the cashier was actually a higher-up person who Bob and I have dealt with before, and for some reason he gave me 20% off, so it was only about $230. Yay! It has a 5-quart bowl and is 450 watts. I should also add that it is white, which is indeed a boring color when contrasted with the red I could have picked. But I am really not a "red" sort of person, and I definitely think white is a more classic color which will match more potential kitchens!

For our family members, I just want to remind you that we do have a wishlist at Amazon.com, if you happen to need any ideas (not that we or the boys are expecting anything). Just search for us there.

Claire

No comments: