Monday, February 07, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today was my birthday--I'm now all of 32 years old. It is truly the best present of all to be here in Ohio with my parents and Amy. Bob has tried very hard all the years that we've been married to get me home for my birthday, and that's meant so much to me. We went to Young's Dairy for lunch today and picked up some half-gallons of ice cream for the party tonight--chocolate peanut butter, of course, and also butter toffee. Mom made pork chops, potatoes, and apple sauce for dinner (my request--my potatoes never turn out as well as hers do!), and then Amy, Jason, Zachary, and Jacob came over after dinner for cake and ice cream. Actually it was an ice cream cake too, since just plain cake isn't really my favorite, so we definitely weren't short on ice cream! After everyone left, I came down to check my blog, and I discovered that the old Well Trained Mind boards were back up! What a great present! One poster said it felt like coming home . . . Actually, I think that now I will deal with the change better since I will have a little time to process it all. I kid you not, I dreamt all night about trying to figure out the differnt "thread" options on the new board. I have very anal-retentive dreams. The new boards might be back up in a month or so, so that gives me plenty of time to get used to the idea. SUDDEN change is what is very hard for me to deal with! All in all, a good birthday!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday!!! I remember when I turned 32, my husband threw me a surprise party (I don't like surprises, hate surprise parties, especially) and he treated me to the sould of "You Light Up My Life" played on the bagpipes. He played the bagpipes. It was right behind my head, and I thought I'd go deaf.

Have a wonderful birthday!