Sunday, February 27, 2005

A little more about Luke

I wanted to talk a little bit more about Luke's 6 year-old birthday, as opposed to his actual day of birth! This would have been the perfect time to put in a picture, and I even asked Pilotmom , my intreped Aunt Claire, for a tutorial, but we just couldn't get up the energy to actually do it. Maybe for Nathan's birthday . . . Last night I was so worried that this was really going to be a bummer of a birthday for Luke. We were supposed to bring a cake to Bible study Friday night to celebrate there, but we couldn't go. And we didn't have anything special planned for today, since we are still definitely not all better and have no desire to go anywhere. But Bob made waffles for breakfast, and I managed to get up enough energy to actually get to the store and buy some ice cream so we could have that after dinner. Then while I was gone, Luke got a huge balloon bouquet from Amy and Jason! That was a real surprise, and all the boys have been quite excited about that unexpected turn of events! That definitely made the day special for Luke! And if everyone continues getting better, than I'll make Luke's tank cake for Bible study next Friday, so he'll still have a little party.

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

How fun is that?! So cool!!