Saturday, August 09, 2008

And then there were 2

Today is the company picnic for Bob's dad's company (well, the one he used to work for, LOL) at the local amusement park. It's a big family tradition that everyone goes to this, but I was fortunate enough to be pregnant again so that I didn't have to go with the girls. Whew! Heat and crowds . . . sooooo not my thing. Add in the swimming, and it's pretty much my least favorite thing.

Caleb and Jonathan were excited; Luke and Nathan were not at all thrilled about going. They both just wanted to stay home. (Awwwww) Nevertheless, Bob left with all 4 boys about 8:30 this morning to drive to PA. They did take a suitcase, and they do have hotel reservations, so they could potentially stay the night, but Nathan and Luke were adamently opposed to that. I have the feeling they'll be back here, although it will be late. Both boys just want to sleep in their own beds!

So it's just me and the girls today. Actually, going down to 2, and having those 2 be the youngest 2, means a lot MORE work for me, LOL. No one to help entertain or fetch things or check on little people who might be just a tad TOOO quiet!

We went on a walk this morning and ended up at the neighborhood playground for a little while. Now it's after lunch, and I'm in the thick of doing laundry. Dirty, dampish boy laundry that has been moldering in duffel bags for a week. I'll leave the smell to your imagination, but let's just call it "skanky". Next, I'm hoping to take a nap when the girls do. Yep, it's a pretty exciting girls' day here!

1 comment:

Johanna said...

I miss Russell when he is not here because he does so much for me around the house and with the little ones. Luckily Zeke is getting big enough to help more with the little ones and about the house. I don't know what I would do if they both went to summer camp at the same time. That should never happen since Russell goes to Teen camp and Zeke goes to Junior camp (different weeks).