Saturday, August 23, 2008

Cheerleading Past

My brother found this photo on facebook. It shows my varsity cheerleading squad from my sophmore year. Note that we all had the classic and perky "side ponytail" hairstyle. This was actually a big deal for me, as before that year, I did not have enough hair to actually have any sort of a ponytail, side or otherwise. From the picture, it appears I barely had enough hair that year, but I was determined. I was maimed from a disasterous too-short haircut my 7th grade year, and I spent my entire high school career trying to grow it out. My hair is not what you might call fast-growing, and obviously Anna suffers from this gene as well, LOL. She is dying to have enough hair for a ponytail, but I am vowing to never let her cut her hair into many short layers, thereby making it impossible for her to have a ponytail for many years.

I guess I should mention, for the benefit of those who did not know me in high school, that I am the one in the back row on the far right. But you could guess that from the hair, right?! A blast from my past--I guess I'll be thinking about old cheers all day long now, LOL.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Whew...good to know that I'm not the only one with ghastly memories of a 7th grade haircut gone bad. :) Also fun to see Julie and Marianne in the pic as well. Go Crusaders, right??

Michele said...

Claire, I didn't know you were a cheerleader! I'm heading to my 20th high school reunion tonight!

Johanna said...

Funny that you should post that picture. I just found my old photo album with everyone's senior pictures that we traded. You were in it. There were also pictures of people I haven't even thought of in years. Promise me you won't post any of my highschool pictures.

Bob and Claire said...

LOL, Johanna--well, I guess I can promise that. I don't recall you ever wearing your hair in a dorky side ponytail, so I don't have anything really to show! : )