Friday, August 08, 2008

The Perfect Summertime Snack

The perfect summertime snack is . . . frozen blueberries. Ed's parents came to our Olympic party, and his mom Lucille brought us 2 big gallon ziploc bags full of frozen blueberries. Elizabeth mentioned that they had jsut been snacking on theirs, right out of the bag, and I thought to myself, "Well, I won't like that!" because I'm not a big fan of frozen grapes. But on Monday, Grace was fussy at the end of lunchtime, and I grabbed some frozen blueberries to toss on her tray while I finished up eating. Of course, everyone else immediately wanted some to, and I tried one myself. YUM!! They are the perfect size to be frozen! I loved them, and we've been snacking on them quite a bit lately! I am making a blueberry snack cake to take to Bible study tonight with some of htem, but we've mainly been snacking on them, frozen. Who knew?! So I just thought I'd share that tidbit, in case someone else had contemplated trying them but was afraid they would taste like frozen grapes, LOL.

Speaking of Elizabeth, she got up early to drive to White Sulphur Springs to pick up Luke, Nathan, and Zachary, even though Zachary was done at the gentlemanly hour of 1:00ish, while Luke was finished at the ungodly early hour of 10:15. So she could have left several hours later, but I am so thankful she was willing to do this for me! Caleb had an accident last night (after many nights without, grrrr), and of course, he and Jonathan were both sleeping on the double bed which is their bottom bunk. So I had to move them into Nathan and Luke's room, but I had washed their sheets yesterday and hadn't yet put them on . . . so needless to say, it was a disturbing night, LOL, and Jonathan ended up sleeping until 9:30 this morning. And I was glad I could just wait until this morning to wash Caleb and Jonathan's sheets instead of worrying about it in the middle of the night before leaving early in the morning to drive. We are all so eager to see Nathan and Luke again and hear all their stories! I'll let you know what they said!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily loves blueberries she eats 1/2 pint a day. I usually have some frozen berries if I run out of fresh. She loves them frozen and they aren't bad.