Friday, August 22, 2008

Back Down to 4

My parents left Wednesday morning, taking with them Caleb and Jonathan. We will meet up again next Friday, spending Labor Day all together at White Sulphur Springs for the Wright-Pat OCF retreat. To say Caleb and Jonathan were excited about going would be an understatement! They had been looking forward to this for a very long time! They were especially excited about riding in Grandma and Grandpa's car--you know, one of them where everyone has their own door and window! The ride was made even better when Grandpa bought them both a candy bar (well, a roll of Starburst for Caleb) at a gas station. How thrilling! That had never happened before! Now they have a busy schedule of fun in Ohio for the next week.

When they drove off, we launched into "dairy week" here at our house. There are several recipes I used to make but can't anymore because they can't be modified for Caleb's allergies. We are enjoying them all now! We eat healthier when Caleb is around though, LOL.

Nathan and Luke are managing without their younger brothers. I have not noticed any dramtic decline in bickering; however, that is a direct result of them staying up too late to watch the Olympics. I foresee smoother sailing next week when the Olympics are over. They went to a neighbor's birthday party all afternoon Wednesday, and they spent yesterday at a little waterpark not too far from here. Our homeschool support group was going, and so was the high school part of our homeschool co-op, so I knew there would be people they knew. The McCs were so very kind and picked them up and dropped them off, which was wonderful for me. They got there at 11:00 and got back here a little before 6:00. They were so tired! I was glad they had the chance to do this, especially after all Luke's mouth traumas lately. I thought he needed something special! Once again, it was really quiet with only the 2 girls and me, and I napped the whole afternoon along with them.

Last night I went to a crop at the house of a local Creative Memories consultant. I finally decided I really needed one again, and I especially needed to dedicate some time to scrapbooking, since I wasn't doing it consistently at home. I really liked her, I had a great time, and I finished 6 pages. I finally am past Anna's birth! Now if I can just discipline myself to work on my albums regularly . . .

I think that's all that's happening around here. Looking back, I should have had plenty of time for blogging, LOL. I guess I've just been goofing around, watching the Olympics. Next week--back to the routine!

1 comment:

Johanna said...

We have been watching way too much Olympics as well. We have been watching until th late show goes off. Usually around 2am. We just had to see the mens sand vollyball win last night. LOL.