Saturday, August 02, 2008

A few more pictures . . .

At the teacher supply store in Dayton I found some great Olympic-themed stuff for bulletin boards. The pictographs were a nice touch, as well as the flag border. Caleb is holding the torch I made.
I spent a good deal of time coloring these rings Thursday night with Sharpies. I thought I was going to expire from the fumes. Caleb told me I was such an artist, LOL. He was very impressed by my careful coloring. Yes, I always did get good marks in school for coloring. It's a gift.

We had the table out at its full 10 feet length. It's so nice to have such a huge table. And it's even nicer without the half wall behind it--you can actually move around it so easily!
So here is finally a picture of the "new kitchen", with the hardwood floors and with no little wall. Isn't it nice?!
Of course, this is what the family room looked like while the men were working. They finally finished the trim on the wall this morning around 11:30, and so this afternoon we had to put all the books back in the bookshelf. It looked like a library exploded in the family room. I was about to cry at 2:30, when I was frantically trying to get all the books back in ("How did I have this so they all fit?!"), and I still hadn't taken my shower or finished cutting up veggies, washing fruit, etc. Just a little panic attack, LOL. But everything did get done, and I did get out of the shower before anyone came.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hardwood floors look so nice. Just need new counters and it will be ready to sell.

Bob and Claire said...

That's what I said too! Well, new counters and new carpet in the family room--but we're not replacing that until we are ready to put the house on the market! That carpet gets way too much wear and tear!

Johanna said...

The party was great. The boys had a really good time.

Michele said...

Wow! Your floor looks amazing! What a difference. :) Gives me (us) some inspiration to do the same.