Monday, August 10, 2009

The Crud Goes Around . . .

Well, everyone made it back safely last night. Bob and the kids had a tremendous time at Idlewild on Saturday. Jonathan is a ride-lover, but the "Spider" is his favorite. Caleb likes the ferris wheel best. Even Anna rode the roller coaster! It's not her favorite, though. She told me this morning she was going to go back to Idlewild "tomorrow", but that she wasn't going to ride the roller coaster, LOL. Grace went on this hot air balloon ride with Bob, the one where it bascially is a bunch of swings just going around in circles, and Bob thinks that was her favorite. Bob's family was so great about taking the kids to different areas of the park, so that Caleb and Jonathan didn't have to spend all their time in the kiddie land!

I was so glad everyone was able to go and have a good time. We've been fighting some kind of crud (the CC practicum just keeps on giving . . .), starting with Anna a few days after the practicum ended. She ran a low-grade fever for a few nights, but was okay during the day. Then last Sunday night she got some gunk in her eyes, like pinkeye, and she also had a really snotty nose. Her eyes cleared up Tuesday, but by then Grace and Faith also had gunky eyes and snotty noses. Anna had a cough though. It took Grace and Faith forever for their eyes to get better, although I kept expecting it to just go away, like Anna's had. Finally on Friday I called to try to make appointments for them at Bethesda. Even though I called early in the morning, they didn't have any appointments available. But when the girls woke up, I decided that they finally were getting better, so I didn't worry much about it. Thursday night Jonathan started this croupy cough, so I was worried he wouldn't feel like going on Saturday. But he rallied, and the girls were fine too. Caleb was coughing by the time they all got home on Sunday, and Bob was all snuffly and had a sore throat. He actually stayed home from work today, and he has been very miserable all day. Now my throat is sore, and I have a headache, so I guess I have it too. Bleh. At least it seems like most people are getting over it quickly. We started school back up again today (it was WONDERFUL to be back in our routine), and I don't want me being sick to be the thing that keeps us from getting stuff done!

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

my version of it included the sore throat, also. today, i'm feeling much better. i hope you bounce back quickly.