Friday, August 07, 2009

Visit With Aunt Claire

We had such a fun visit with Aunt Claire! We were all so sad to see her leave to go back to Utah on Thursday. Here are just a few pictures from her visit, starting with a group shot after church on Sunday.

One big reason Aunt Claire came was to meet Faith, and she got to spend lots of time holding her!
Since Faith has started some solid foods, Aunt Claire got to feed her some of that too!

And of course we played games! We played Balderdash a few times. Nathan especially really likes that game, and I must say it is hilarious! It's so much more fun now that he and Luke are old enough to play. I will admit that a few times I voted for what I was sure was one of their answers, just to give them the points--and I was wrong! So obviously they have improved from when they first started playing the game a few years ago!
We also played Ginnikub, and Bob and the boys even showed her how to play pinochle. (I was nursing during that. Such a pity!)
While we were busy playing games, we had to sustain ourselves with ice cream. While we were distracted over at the table, Grace starting mainlining it. She's one to take advantage of an opportunity!
Another reason Aunt Claire had to come out here was that she had recently reconnected with her very first best friend, who happens to live out here, not too far from us! Her name is Jenny, and when Aunt Claire was 4-7 years old she lived down the street from Jenny's family. My grandpa was stationed at the Pentagon during that time. They lived in a house in Springfield on "Flanders Street". I have looked that street up on the map, and it is some prime real estate, nestled as it is between the Beltway and the Mixing Bowl, which is what the maze of flyovers and exit ramps connecting I-495, I-95, and I-395 is called! Somehow I don't think my grandma would be happy there today, but those roads didn't exist in their present form back then.
Anyhow, Aunt Claire and Jenny enjoyed Mexican food on Wednesday at "On the Border", where they had lunch. They had a great time reminiscing. How fun!

No comments: