Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just One More Recipe . . .

Okay, this is not going to turn into a cooking blog, LOL, but I wanted to share this recipe I tried tonight for the first time. It's from the July/August issue of Simple and Delicious (which used to be Quick Cooking). When Melinda was out here in July, she mentioned that she stir-fried using balsamic vinegar, since she is allergic to soy, and this recipe uses balsamic vinaigrette and tastes JUST like an Asian noodle bowl without any soy! It was so easy and yummy! Of course I doubled the recipe--and I have a little tub left over, maybe enough for lunch.

Asian Chicken With Pasta

1/2 pound uncooked angel hair pasta
1 pound chicken cut into 1 inch cubes
1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
3/4 cup julienned red pepper
1/2 cup sliced onion (I used green onion)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. salt
1/ tsp. pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large skillet, saute chicken in vinaigrette and salad dressing until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the coleslaw mix, mushrooms, red pepper, and onion until tender. Add the seasonings. Stir in the chicken; heat through. Drain pasta. Add to chicken mixture; toss to coat.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Yeah! I'm allergic to soy as well, so I'm always up for good Asian food substitutes.

Beverly said...

Thanks for posting the recipes--I especially can't wait to try the soup! Sounds yummy!