Thursday, May 10, 2012

Extra Appointment

This morning I had the appointment with the doctor that the lady I saw last week insisted upon.  It turns out the lady was a nurse practitioner, not a midwife.  Anyway, the doctor walked into the room and said, "I've reviewed your chart, and well . . . I just wish the NP had come and asked one of us last week while you were here, instead of making you come all the way in for an appointment."  Yessss . . . my thoughts, exactly!!  There is no reason for me to have any increased risk of a clot during this pregnancy due to my arm blood clot back in 1993, and absolutely no reason for me to take any blood thinners.  As I thought.

So then I asked him about the whole "prolapse" thing the lady talked about when she couldn't find my cervix.  "Umm . . . you can't have a prolapse because you're pregnant--your cervix is closed," he said.  "And after a pregnancy, your uterus can settle back down any way and it's fine.  So I would just disregard all of that."  Okay!  Done!  And I am more settled in my decision to not ever see that particular NP again,, LOL.

The doctor did say that I am fine to see midwives and NPs though--I don't have to just see doctors.  Yay!  He listened for the heartbeat with the doppler but couldn't find it, so he wheeled in the little portable ultrasound machine to check it that way.  So I got to see the little munchkin wriggling around again, happy as can be, with the heart beating away!  Everything looks good, and I don't have to go back for 5 weeks.  At that point I'll have to take a 1 hour glucose tolerance test.  Time for me to make exercise a priority again, now that Rivendell is practically over.

No comments: