Monday, September 19, 2005

An Answer to Prayer!

Bob called early this morning to say that our waiver request has been approved!! So now we can see someone off-base and close to home! The waiting's not over yet, however--we should receive a letter in about a week giving official approval or something. THEN I can try to find someone. Ahh, what's one more week? It's actually been kind of nice, not worrying about all the first trimester appointments. In military hospitals, they always make pregnant women go to these cheesy first-trimester "pregnancy orientations" where they make you fill out lots of intrusive questionnaires about your parenting styles, marital relationship, food choices, etc. I make a game of it--answer the questions in the most politically correct way possible--sort of like remembering stuff about evolution for a test but not believing it. They also give patronizing information about pregnancy ("Did you know that eating broccoli is another way to get calcium? Make sure you get plenty of rest." etc.) The worst thing is they require you to go no matter how many pregnancies you have had. I guess there is no other way for them to get their nosy paperwork. BUT I missed all that with this pregnancy! Yay!

2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Praise the Lord, Claire! What an answer to prayer! We are rejoicing along with you today!

Dy said...

Oh thank the Lord!! I'm SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!! Yippee!

LOL @ the forms. I tend to go the other way and write answers like, "I don't believe this is any of your business", "Legally, you cannot ask me this. Ask your lawyer", and "What are you, my pastor?" Nobody ever calls me on it, and I figure I'm telling the truth that way. Plus, it makes the time go more quickly.

Oh, enjoy, enjoy enjoy!!
Dy