Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A God Thing

Yesterday the boys had their first art lesson, and they had a great time. It's a class with 9 boys and 1 girl, which I think intimidated the teacher a bit at first, but the boys all very pretty focused, and Nathan said he couldn't wait until it was Monday again, so that must mean it was fun! While they were downstairs, some of us moms visited. I was telling Christine about our waiver approval and about how I don't know which civilian OB to pick now. There are only 4 of them in our area that are covered by Tricare (2 in the same practice), but I don't know of anyone who has used any of them, and it's hard to just pick a name off a list without knowing anything about them at all. SO she recommended I talk to Diana A. Diana was in our co-op last year, but her kids have all graduated form there now, and she is back to work as an OB doctor. I thought that was a good idea, but when I got home, I realized that since I don't still have last year's roster, I don't have her phone number or anything. Today is co-op day, so I figured I'd just ask someone there if they had her number. But when I walked in, there she was! She had just come back today because it was her day off, and she wanted to catch up with old friends! Wow! So I had an opportunity to ask her in person what she thought about these doctors. I told her the first man's name, actually the man and woman team, and she said that while he was a great doctor, his personality wasn't really like hers, so she would never choose him for herself. She sort of searched around for a word, then described him as "controlling". LOL, he used to be an Air Force doctor, getting out as a major--I had googled him yesterday and found his bio! So that description didn't totally surprise me! But I was glad to rule him out--it's one thing if that is who you happen to get, but I can't see choosing someone like that deliberately! So I went on down my list. Diana had not heard of the next guy, but when I mentioned the last name, a female, she perked right up! "Our office covers for her and is right next door! She is a great person! And if you go into labor while I'm on call, I could deliver you!" Okay, I'm sold! Thank you Lord for real direction! So now I'm just praying that her office will still be taking Tricare and accepting new patients--we're just waiting to get that letter in hand, and then I'll call!

1 comment:

Dy said...

*smile* I love it when that happens!

Dy