Monday, September 19, 2005

Getting to Know Me

I've been tagged by my Aunt Claire, otherwise known as Pilotmom .

5 things I plan to do before I die:

1. Visit England and Ireland
2. Learn Latin (I'm well on my way!)
3. Live in a nice commune in Colorado with my parents, Amy and Jason, the L's, Aunt Claire and Uncle Jim, Nana, Dan and Melinda, etc.--oh wait--that's what I want to do AFTER I die, in heaven! LOL!
4. Climb Mt. Everest (Just kidding! That would never be a dream of mine--I don't dream of doing anything dangerous!! But this exercise does highlight a problem of mine, which is to say that I really have no big dreams. I have actually talked to Bob about this, so I have already recognized it. I guess I am pretty content to live in the "here and now", and I don't like to set myself up to be disappointed.)

5 things I can do:

1. Cook
2. Read very quickly
3. Have babies (LOL!)
4. Plan trips
5. Remember where minutiae are in our house, such as assorted shoes, specific lego pieces, game pieces, etc.

5 things I cannot do:

1. Sing
2. Play chess or checkers (much to the disappointment of the boys)
3. Waterski AND downhill ski
4. Eat coconut
5. Vote Democratic (LOL!)

5 things that attract me to the opposite sex: (Bob in this case)

1. His broad shoulders
2. His sense of humor
3. How he got along with my best friend, Amy : )
4. How well we worked together
5. How he made me more out-going and sure of myself

5 things I say most often:

1. BOYS!!!!!!!
2. Stop touching each other!
3. Please sit down and listen! (Said primarily during school time)
4. I love you
5. Yes, 4 boys--we're very blessed. (Said primarily at stores)

5 Celebrity crushes: Well, no celebrity crushes here either, just like my aunt, so I will also do celebrities I would like to meet.

1. President Bush
2. Mrs. Bush
3. Susan Wise Bauer (author of The Well-Trained Mind)
4. Joni Ericson Tada
5. Umm, I'm drawing a blank, at least on current people. I'm not one to read "People" or anything like that and pine to meet celebrities who are full of themselves. I'm sure there are other famous people I would like to meet, but I just can't think of any right now. Maybe I'll update this later, if I think of anyone!

And I never tag anyone, but if anyone would like to do this, please feel free!


2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

Like you, Claire, I had a hard time thinking of 5 things to do before I die! Is it the name? I mean, I could think of a few...I want to be a mother-in-law, and a grandmother etc but I didn't know how James would feel about me proclaiming that to the world! :) Lol.

Thanks for participating!

Dy said...

A few of these, I particularly loved. This was great. I've been tagged, but haven't managed to sit down and think of anything yet.

Dy