Saturday, September 17, 2005

Caleb's Special Day

Today Nathan and Luke had another soccer game. Caleb slept late (validating my puffer theory because I didn't give him his albuterol last night), so I stayed home with him while Bob took the other boys to the game. I got a lot done today, but I am sure Caleb thinks I am quite boring and will never choose to stay home with me all by himself again! LOL! I did 3 loads of laundry, went through a stack of papers in the study, and in my biggest feat, I went through Jonathan's closets and drawers, organizing his tub of too-small clothes, getting them ready to go down in the basement. Wow, when will the excitement end!! Caleb did fine playing by himself, and he's a lot of fun to have around, chattering away. Nathan and Luke are in a big chess phase right now, so there are chess sets upstairs as well as on the main floor. Caleb played with both sets sort of like I would play with them, since I don't know how to play at all--he had them in patterns, chasing each other, etc. It was cute. He also played our Tonka Joe computer game (a gift many years ago from Uncle Dan to Nathan that is STILL getting much use today!), and he didn't have to let anyone else have a turn! I know he was thrilled about that! Everyone ended up staying to watch Jessica L's game, then they went out to lunch at the Buffalo Wing Factory with the L's, so they ended up being gone a significant period of time. I let him have a few special treats so he will hopefully not be too jealous of Nathan and Luke and all their time with the L's! He had a piece of gum earlier, which is pretty rare, and now for a snack he is having some of those gummy fruit snacks AND 3 Starbursts. Pretty special, I know! LOL! I did ask him if he wanted me to read to him, but he chose to help me go through Jonathan's clothes, for some reason. It must have sounded fun! The boys are on their way home now, and he is pretty excited. He's definitely not used to being by himself without even Jonathan around, so this is probably good for him.

2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

We remember when James was three and he knew where all the pieces went and how they moved. UJ was estatic thinking he had another 'Bobby Fischer' on his hands. They sat down to play and it began well...until James took the Knight and bobbed it on over to his daddy's knight and said, "Hi! Do you want to come over to my house and play? We can get a drink of water." I burst out laughing, UJ shook his head and you could visibly see the bubble of Bobby Fischer pop above his head. Lol!

Dy said...

Oh yay! Yesterday I "did not have authorization" to view any of your comment pages. It was quite frustrating.

Um, and now, here I am, all excited over getting in and I forgot what I was going to say.

It sounds like a truly wonderful day for Caleb. I love having a little one on one time with the boys. Even if we just do the same things we'd all do together, it's nice to have entire talks, to just Be. Together. It's good.

And I really hope you got some rest after all that activity! Wow, lady. You're one pregnant dynamo! Kudos!!

Dy