Saturday, September 24, 2005

Not Much to Say Today . . .

. . . but that doesn't stop me from writing! The house is very messy. I don't understand this--it was so clean on Thursday. Sigh. And I am still tired. I keep thinking I will get over that part of pregnancy, but so far no go. We also haven't received our official waiver letter, so I still don't know when I'll actually get to see someone. Bob will call on Monday.

We brought dessert for Bible study on Friday. Nathan made rice krispie treats, and I tried a new recipe from an old Quick Cooking for blueberry kutchen. So we brought 2 9x13 pans of dessert, and both pans were compeltely cleaned out by the time we left! The blueberry kutchen was quite good and very easy--I will have to make that again.

Today the boys had another soccer game. Bob took all the boys while I went to 2 big children's consignment sales that were happening around here. I was specifically looking for some new maternity pants and shorts. In August, on a whim, I bought a pair of khaki maternity shorts from Target that have the new matenrity waistline--the elastic goes under the belly. Oh. my. goodness. They are so comfortable, I would wear them all the time if I could! They are SO much comfortable that the old kind that go over your entire tummy! So now I want to get some jeans, etc. that are like that, so I was hoping these sales would have that. I didn't find anything though. : ( Anything "new" like that was the total wrong size. I am really missing "Once Upon A Child", the consignment store back in Ohio. They have a big selection of used maternity stuff, and I'm sure I would be able to find something there. But I did find a coonskin hat for $1.00 at one of the sales, so the morning wasn't a total loss!

After the boys were done, we went out to Cici's pizza with the L's. We ate a lot (too much) and had a good time. Then Bob and Ed went suit shopping. Bob last bought suits I think the year we got married, so it was high time for a new one! He found a nice charcoal one, which is getting altered and what ever they do before you can take it home. Now he will look like a real professional realtor!

My big accomplishment of the weekend is that I finally made a scrapbook for Jonathan. This has been one of those little things nagging me to pieces: "What if I suddenly die and Jonathan has no scrapbook to remember me by? How will he know I loved him?!" Those crazy pregnancy hormones! Anyhow, I finally got his done, and I am feeling pretty darn proud. Now I need to just do last year's pages for the rest of the boys, as well as scrap the entire time we've been living here in Virginia. So I guess maybe I shouldn't feel so much satisfaction, considering I am still very far behind, LOL! I think it will be my goal to catch up by the time the baby is born, since I know I won't do anything after that happens! Who cares about housework?! Well *sigh* I guess that's not really feasible. I'm off to help with baths!

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

Would you post the bluebery recipe? :) Pretty please?