Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Eeeeek!

Yesterday as I was putting Anna's pajamas on (well, it's just another onesie, actually), I saw a little black thing on her back. I thought it was fuzz, so I brushed it off. And it didn't come off. I examined it closer and then yelled for Bob. Yes, it was a tick! YUCK! How on earth did a tick get on her back?! I truly have no idea. Bob was the brave one here, and he got the tweezers and pulled it out. I think we got it all, but I guess I'm not sure--how can you tell? I am a lot more worried about Lyme disease. Since Nathan got that a few months after we moved here, obviously the ticks around here can carry it. Bob circled the bite mark with a black magic marker so we can keep an eye on it. We're praying that she won't have any problems from the bite, but if she does, then we're praying that it will be really noticable--like Nathan's huge target rash.

I'm almsot ready for the big airplane ride tomorrow--just a few more things to throw in the suitcase. Wow, it is so incredibly easy to pack for just one person and a baby. Hopefully the travel will be just as easy, LOL! I still am not completely better. In fact, my throat is still quite sore. It's like there is a big, painful lump on the left side of my throat, near the bottom. It just . . . hurts. I guess I'll go back yet again on Monday if it's not better by then. Sigh.

No comments: