Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A new base sticker

Last week I noticed (when it was pointed out to me by the friendly gate guard!) that our base car sticker had expired. We thought Bob would have to go to Bolling to take care of this, but when we were talking about it on Friday at Bible study, Tim P. mentioned he thought Bob could take care of it in the building without ever going to a base. Well! That would be nice! It would sure save him time, although, as I loudly said to people at Bible study, I still wouldn't be able to drive for a day, since he would have to take in the car registeration, proof of insurance, etc., and I don't like to drive without those things!

So Bob called around yesterday to figure out what he had to do, and then I got out the registration and proof of insurance for him to take in today. As it turns out, the registration in the van expired Feb. 28, and the proof of insurance on Jan. 1! So you can be assured to know that while I am STRONGLY against driving around with NO registration or proof of insurance, I evidently have NO qualms about driving around with expired ones! Well, one must keep to one's own high standards.

Of course, we did reregister the car, and we do have current insurance, so the whole thing neccessitated a frantic search of all the dark paper holes of the house to try to find the current papers. Praise the Lord, I was able to find them both, showing that He is indeed merciful AND concerned with the small details of our lives. And Bob was able to get a new sticker for the van first thing this morning--no more exciting car searches at gates! And I ended up driving anyways. Anna has a big diaper rash that I knew was yeast-caused, so I took her in this morning. I did make a copy of the (current) registration and proof of insurance to take with me, although driving was uneventful--as it has been for these past 6 months! Another instance of the Lord taking care of me when I didn't even know it!

2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

I'm glad to see you holding fast to your exceptionally high standards! Being of the same family, same name, we do have some sort of 'example' to set for those who will follow....

WAIT..... WAIT for MEEEEE....I'm your LEEEEAAAADDDDDERRRRR!!!

Unknown said...

AC....you are too much. Tooooo much.

Still laughing.

Claire. Another chunk off the statue of my hero. You must stop or there will be nothing left!!
;0]

Pam