Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

I happened to marry someone who is a great dad. Even before we started dating, Bob asked me to help him teach the junior high Sunday School class at the Wright-Pat Chapel, so I got to see him with kids right away. I later returned the favor by asking him to help me with Children's Church, so there I got to see him with even younger kids. All the kids absolutely loved him, and I knew he would be an excellent father someday. Of course, I didn't know then that I would be the vehicle to help him achieve that status, LOL.

Bob fills in a lot of the "holes" in my parenting. For example, he loves to play games. He even makes up games for things that wouldn't normally be game-material. The boys love this. I, on the other hand, am not so much for games, and I am definitely not so creative as to actually make them up! Well, that's just an example off the top of my head, but overall, I think we're a pretty good team, parenting-wise!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you are a FABULOUS team...parenting wise! *wink*

Happy Father's Day to Bob!!

Love, Pam

Dy said...

Happy Father's Day! Sounds like a perfect team!

Dy