Monday, June 12, 2006

We're back home!

The dishwasher has been loaded up and run, the first load of laundry has been done, the suitcase is almost unpacked, math and Latin got done this morning . . . back to the routine! The boys are all happy to have us back, although I had a moment of doubt last night. I was sitting on the chaise part of our couch, nursing Anna, and Luke said something like, "I liked it better when you weren't here." "WHAT?!" says Nathan, obviously astonished. "You missed her!!" Luke says, "NO! I wish she wasn't sitting there on the couch because now I can't run up and sommersault onto it." Whew!

I am convinced that 2 months old is the perfect age for traveling. Anna again slept almost the entire time on both flights. I just put her in the frontpack, and off she would go. It turns out you can't have babies in frontpacks for the actual take off and landing--it seems that if we crashed and something happened to me, it would be harder for the flight attendents to rescue Anna if she was attached to me. I thought that logic was pretty faulty. If we crashed, I would rather have her attached to me than bouncing around if I lost my grip on her! And who is to say the flight attendants would be better off than me? Anyhow, I nodded compliantly and kept her in there. I'm a rebel.

On 3 out of 4 flights, I was seated by men. Of course, I had to nurse, but they were all very great about stoicly staring at their laptops or whatever. Close quarters though! It was fun to travel just with Anna. I kept feeling like there should be more for me to keep track of!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You....a rebel. I'm thinking that is not a word I would ever use to describe you, but stubborn...now that is more like it.
Oh. Did I say that out loud? *smirk*
Who loves ya baby? *nudge*
Pam

Dy said...

I'd have done the same thing (shocker, I know). Glad the traveling went so smoothly. I do love traveling with babies.

Isn't it an odd feeling to start heading out of a building with only one child -- and you stop for that split second when you normally do the internal head count? Wha--? Where'd they? Oh, yeah, I've only got one with me! *whew* :-)

Dy

Unknown said...

Good one Dy.