Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Can you hear anything?!

Neither can I. Ahhh. Bob has taken the boys swimming, Anna is napping, and I am eating a salad for dinner in complete silence. The things you take for granted before you have kids, LOL. I love to eat a meal with just my own thoughts for company, but that very rarely happens around here . Not that I don't love my children and appreciate their curious little minds, but sometimes silence is just so nice. Ahhh.

Bob should get some kind of award. He's been taking the boys swimming all by himself quite a few times lately. I'm not sure what to do with Anna, so I haven't gone (well, that, and there's also my post-pregnancy tummy that is shunning swim suits, LOL). But back to Anna--it's 100 degrees here, so I can't really just leave her in her stroller while we swim (which is what we did back in June when the pool first opened). She'll melt! Or at the very least be uncomfortable and unhappy. They don't make swim diapers small enough for her (at least I haven't seen any), so I can't even just sit in the baby pool with her in my lap. And I would be terrified to just hold her in my arms in the big pool, which would in any case still have the diaper issue to resolve. Of course, swimming is not really my thing (but sitting at home in silence is, LOL!), so frankly I don't feel like I'm missing out, but Bob did remind me that we did pay for my pass, so I should be using it. Any creative solutions?

1 comment:

Pilot Mom said...

Well, one solution might be for Bob to stay home with Anna AND the boys while you go swim...just a thought. ROFLOL!!! ;D