Monday, July 31, 2006

Anna is 4 months old!

Well, she was actually 4 months old Friday, and this picture was taken Sunday, while she was wearing a cute dress from her Aunt Amy, but you get the idea. I can't keep her hands out of her mouth! Must be teethin'.

Today she had her 4 month well-baby appointment, and for those interested, she is 15 pounds (even), and 26 inches long. This puts her in the 75th percentile for height and the 50th percentile for weight. Those are big numbers for a child of ours. I do hope she doesn't turn out to inheirit the "big" genes of the family, while all the boys are skinny and short!

Ths doctor pronounced her healthy. He also gave me a nice lecture on starting solid foods. The whole spiel--"start with rice cereal, then 2 weeks later, add vegetables--orange ones first . . . then 2 more weeks, and start fruit . . .blah, blah, blah" I mean, it was pretty detailed! I kept nodding my head, saying, "Yes, that's what I've always done", etc., but there was no stopping him! When he finally wrapped it all up and left, Nathan said, "Why did he tell you all that about solid food? Didn't he see that you have 4 other kids here, so you must know what to do?" LOL!

2 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

No one can put one past Nathan! :)

And, I must say, Anna Claire is getting more beautiful every day! :D And, it's okay for her to get tall genes. She'll wear her clothes better! ;)

Unknown said...

So purty. I'm thinking the dress I'm sending won't fit. Oh well. I'll be tacky and leave the tag on so you can exchange it if you want or need to.
Pam