Saturday, July 15, 2006

Such a sweet brother

Luke: It's so nice to have a baby in the house again."

Isn't that the sweetest thing to say?! He said it as he was carrying Anna from her room. He had picked her up out of her crib because she was fussing around as I was trying to get everyone ready for bed. Of course, he is all of 7, and he has 3 younger siblings, so you could argue that there really has been very little time that we HAVEN'T had a baby in the house since he was born! But it's so nice to know that he is happy about this fact! I told him that having such helpful big brothers made it very nice and easy to have another baby in the house. Nathan has begun wiping Jonathan's bottom if I am otherwise occupied when he goes. Wow. At 9, I certainly had no thought about taking care of anyone else's bottom! I'm telling you, they're going to make great dads. That's my hope and prayer, anyway.

2 comments:

witw said...

Another great bonus for Nathan is he likes to cook. All your boys will make a great husbands in the near future. Can't wait to see!!

Pilot Mom said...

I have to agree with witw! But, that is so precious to hear! Pretty special guys there, Claire,including your oldest guy, Bob! ;)