Saturday, July 01, 2006

Too Much Fun!

We've been having too much fun here at Grandma and Grandpa's house to blog! Here's a quick update:

Wednesday: We had a little birthday party for Nathan with some of his friends here. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. There were 8 boys altogether, and everyone had a great time playing together. For Nathan's cake I made "dueling lightsabers" at his request. It turned out pretty well, but I'll have to wait until I get home to post the picture.

Thursday: We spent the whole day over at Amy's house. The boys got to play in the sprinkler, as well as play with all of Zachary's Playmobil stuff. Much fun was had by all, and it was wonderful to be able to visit with Amy. Afer dinner we took a walk around the neighborhood and toured the houses that are under construction. I love looking at floor plans and going through houses. I should have been an architect!

Friday: We went to the teacher supply store to get some ideas for my co-op unit next year. I'm teaching ancient Greece, which should be a lot of fun. After lunch I got a haircut (nothing dramatic--don't be alarmed. I'm growing it out again!), and then at 6:00, Amy and I met at her mom's house to have a moms' night out. We ordered pizza and snacked on unhealthy things like almond M&Ms and those little bite-size Peppermint Patties (I prefer the bigger ones myself, but they were okay). I did the 4 new scrapbook pages for Jonathan's little scrapbook. For each boy around their birthday I do some pages of leftover pictures that summarize the previous year. Jonathan was particularily interested in having his done since he has so few pages in his book!

Amy and I also watched the new "Pride and Prejudice" movie that just came out not too long ago. Of course, the 6 hour BBC version is the definitive one, but this was pretty good, especially if you already know the story and only have about 2 hours! I must say though that the guy who played Mr. Darcy reminded me several times of Bill Murray in "What About Bob". Colin Firth has much more screen presence! Jane is much prettier in the new one. Best friend, chocolate, a nice, romantic movie, no kids--what a great evening!

Tomorrow: My brother Dan and his wife Melinda should be getting here from Texas. We can't wait to see them!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sigh...sounds divine.
Pam