Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tomorrow's the Day!

Tomorrow morning we drive up to White Sulphur Springs to pick up Nathan! We are all pretty excited. Last night a friend of ours, Sheila D., who lives down south a bit, called to say one of her daughters is also there this week, and she offered to pick Nathan up too. I was really tempted, but in the end I decided that we would go ahead and get him. For one thing, he doesn't know these friends all that well, but for another, I am anxious to hear all about his week, and I am afraid he'll tell it all to Sheila, and then that would be that--he'd be out of words!

We've had a good week, but I can really tell someone is missing. It's been so odd to just have the 3 boys running around, and the dynamic is a little different too. There was a lot of bickering the first day between Luke and Caleb, although some of that was probably just tiredness, since it was a big weekend. But since then they've settled down fairly well, and the last 2 days especially have played so well together. We've also done some fun things, like paint and play with play-doh, that we just don't always get around to doing. Last night we went to Chuck E. Cheese. We didn't eat there, but we had a coupon for half-price tokens, so we just went to play. The boys had a great time, but what made it all the better was that our good friends, the McCs, with their 4 boys were also there just to play! They were celebrating their Daniel finishing his kindergarten workbook.

Since we're not doing school this week, I've gotten some stuff done too. I got together all the stuff to send in with our notice of intent to homeschool, and Bob sent that off. I filed all these school papers that were lying around, and I also organized their notebooks for this coming year. I'm just calling it a new year when we start back next week! While I was in Ohio, Bob put up some new shelves in our laundry room (which I use as an auxiliary pantry), so I reorganized the whole pantry to maximize the new shelves. Right now I'm working on my lesson plans for my co-op unit, which is Ancient Greece. To be honest, I kind of felt like it was a vacation for me too. I even exercised every morning AFTER sleeping in! Next week it will be back to the old routine.

No comments: