Friday, March 09, 2007

The A-Wing Fighter Cake


Well, here it is, although you can't really see much detail in the picture! I chose this picture so you could see the Lego model and its box, in case you (like me) have no idea what an "A-Wing Fighter" is supposed to look like in the first place. The gray things on the sides are actually prezel rods frosted gray, and they are the "laser cannons". I used Oreos on the back as the engines. While the boys were quite pleased with the darker red color, since I used "burgundy" gel instead of just plain red, what we did not count on was the fact that it was not "no-taste red", which is what we usually use for red. And let me tell you, it tasted! Blech! Good thing there wasn't really much of it, LOL. Luke was quite happy with my efforts, and now, after Bible study, there remains only the part around the cockpit, so everyone else liked it too!

2 comments:

Dy said...

WOW~ that is an amazing cake! I had no idea that a no-taste red exists. The taste is actually one reason I avoid having to decorate w/ red. WOOHOO. Nice to know.

DY

Anonymous said...

Claire...
I love the cake. I will have to show Noah his 8th b-day is in May and he's already talking about his Lego Star Wars b-day. I might email you with questions about how you made it later in May :)
Thanks for the post,
Jenna