Monday, June 18, 2007


Well, yesterday the bloom was off the rose, so to speak, and it was not the day of sweetness, light, and sibling cooperation that Saturday was. Nathan and Luke bickered off and on most of the day. Was there a reason for this, you may be asking? Why yes! Fatigue! After we watched a Star Wars technology program Saturday night, the boys trundled off to bed. About 10:00, Nathan was back downstairs, clutching a trashcan and moaning. Evidently lots of cheese and processed food did not agree with his super-sensitive stomach! He never did throw up (which is a miracle in and of itself), but he did end up on the toilet for quite a while, poor guy. Luke ended up moving into Caleb and Jonathan's room, saying, "I don't want to hear Nathan throw up!" Wise boy. So I'd say they finally got off to sleep around 11:00, which made for crabby boys the next day.

Anna was a one-woman wrecking crew, wreaking havoc in her wake all around the house. What really put her in our black books was her wantom destruction of the Eiffel Tower. The boys had done a 3-D puzzle on the dining room table while I was still in the hospital, but she made short work of that, even eating the paper off on one puzzle piece so you can't see what it actually is. She also committed 2 acts of banana thievery/murder. I came downstairs at lunchtime to find the bunch of bananas sort of hanging off the center island, and one empty (and abused) peel dangling there as well. On the floor were several strips of peel and other banana-related debris. A sight not for the faint-of-heart! Later the perpetrater returned to the scene of the crime and mangled/ate a second banana. Oh well, she's into the diarrhea phase of teething, so maybe 2 bananas isn't such a bad thing? Needless to say, the bananas now live in the very center of the island, where even a little girl who can move the kitchen stool around can't reach them.

I really did not feel well yesterday. I had a terrible night where my fever kept coming back up, along with the aches and chills. My left side hurt so badly that I was contemplating amputation for relief. I finally decided that when Bob came home, I would go to the ER at Bethesda. I took more motrin at 4:00, Bob got home around 8:00 . . .but to my great surprise, my fever wasn't coming back up! I decided to wait longer before going anywhere. My fever never did come back, and this morning I feel better! I'm still sore, but it is not so excruciatingly painful. I now have hope that I may eventually recover, however, LOL. I am still taking it easy today, sleeping in and not doing school. And I'll probably do that tomorrow as well, or even as long as it takes for the pain in my breast to go away. Because, you know, getting back into a good routine is good, but that routine sort of falls apart when I am flat-out sick and lying on the couch all day! I'll get all better and then we'll try again . . .


Pilot Mom said...

"Anna was a one-woman wrecking crew, wreaking havoc in her wake all around the house."

I know it wasn't funny to you but the image that congers up in my mind is FUNNY! :) Thanks for the much needed laugh today!

Dy said...

I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't laugh. But reading about the banana heist reminded me of John's fruit slaughtering stage. We'd get up each morning to yet another horrendous scene - grapefruit, bananas, oranges, apples, grapes. Nothing was safe. The running joke would be to report to each other, "Fruit mutilations are up this week."

If you can still at least smile and nod your head (I know for me, sometimes it takes a while to be able to actually *laugh*), then you're good. You'll make it.