Saturday, August 25, 2007

Double Date!

Tonight Bob and I took advantage of the free babysitting here at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and we went on a double date with Amy and Jason. We went to "The Greene", which is one of those ritzy new shopping concepts--an outdoor mall/town experience. In reality, it is a fake downtown, which is funny because while it thrives, downtown Dayton goes to pot. Bob asked if there was "faux crime" as well, LOL.

We ate at a Mongolian barbeque place, which was quite tasty. I don't think I've eaten Mongolian barbeque since we were in Colorado before kids! I picked out beef for my meat, and a pile of veggies, and I mixed an Asian teriyaki-type sauce. It was yummy!

We were pretty stuffed after we were done, so we walked around for awhile before going to Coldstone Creamery for dessert. The Greene is a very pleasant place for walking, and it did seem like a nice, friendly town, albeit one very crowded with people. It turned out that this weekend was the one year anniversary of the Greene, so that explained the crowds. It did mean that Coldstone Creamery was giving out coupons for $1 off as well as providing free waffle bowls or cones, so we did quite well for dessert. Bob and I split some sort of chocolate/peanut butter cup creation that was delicious. We ate our ice cream while listening to a band out by the fountain. Although at the end of their set, they played one of Bob's favorites, "Should I Stay or Should I go", by the Clash, he refrained from singing along.

So it was a fun evening, and the best part of it was that Grace drained her bottle with no problems for Grandma! Yay, Grace! Of course, she also totally blew out her diaper all over Grandma, so that was not so good. Not so good for Grandma anyways. For me, relaxing with my best friend and our hubbies, eating good food, and not worrying about diapers, bottles, nrsing, etc., it was just fine, LOL.

3 comments:

Pilot Mom said...

What fun---for you and Bob, and Jason and Amy! Not fun for Grandma...well, just a small portion wasn't too fun for her. The rest of her time with Grace I know was great! ;)

Anonymous said...

I feel like I am on vacation staying at my parents house in CA. I have been taking long walks. It is nice to to see beautiful trees and mountains. I seen a lot of deer. Mom has been cooking yummy meals and dad does the dishes. I feel like I am at a resort. I have to leave tomorrow. I am very excited to see my hubby though. Mel

Dy said...

LOL @ "faux crime". I love that. Now, this is going to sound really silly (particularly considering how hard I laughed at the story of the girl in the bookstore... *ahem*) But it has never dawned on me that those little outdoor malls - part strip mall, part pedestrian nightmare - are supposed to imitate the oldfashioned downtown area. That's... a weird concept, when we have so many downtowns that are dying for rejuvenation!

Dy