Friday, August 17, 2007

Update on the Bottle War

Wednesday evening, for the feeding right after dinner, I tried giving Grace a bottle with the new silicone nipples. That did not go over well either, and she put up quite a fuss. She was mad even at the milk that just dribbled in her mouth! Finally she ended up drinking about 2 ounces, but only if I was walking around with her facing out from me. If I was sitting or in any sort of ocmfortable, supported position, she would just fuss.

Last night we tried again. This time Bob was home, so he did the honors. She fussed around for awhile and wouldn't take it, but finally she just sort of gave in and drained the bottle (less than 2 ounces--I figured why waste the breastmilk?!). So that was a surprise! I think that, depending on when she needs to eat, we might take a bottle to Bible study. This will be the true test of whether she has truely given in, or just retreated last night to regroup, LOL.

**Update** So before Bible study, Bob did give her a bottle. She drunk it right down, 4 ounces, with NO fussing. Praise the Lord! I am hopeful that she has just conceded this battle. We'll see when we go to Ohio I guess . . .

No comments: